Rakegate Primary School and the Governing Body fully recognises it legal duty and takes seriously its responsibilities to protect and safeguard the interests of all children. The School recognises that effective child protection work requires sound procedures, good inter-agency co-operation and a workforce that is competent and confident in responding to child protection situations. The school has a duty of care to share concerns when they arise.
Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school, and provides a basis for good practice within the school for Child Protection under the following six main elements:
· Being able to recognise and respond to signs and indicators to protect and keep children safe from abuse and harm.
· Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
· Ensuring we practice safer recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
· Raising awareness of safeguarding issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
· Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse and allegations against teachers and other members of staff
· Supporting pupils who have been abused in accordance with a Child Protection Plan.
Safeguarding Lead in school:
Deputy Safeguarding Leads in school:
Mrs Rogers & Mrs Taylor
Link Governor for Safeguarding in school:
Wolverhampton Local Area Designated Officer:
Mr Paul Cooper